Frequently asked questions
- What if I already have a kit and want to send you my gold?
If you already have a kit you’d like to use, please do so. We will still honor any GoldKits you may have.
- What will you buy?
- We buy any solid gold items — yellow gold, white gold or rose gold — including kinked or broken chains and bracelets, class rings, single earrings and even dental crowns.
- We buy platinum and diamond items.
- We buy the following brands of watches:
A. Lange & Sohne, Audemars Piguet, Baume and Mercier, Bell & Ross, Bertolucci, Breguet, Breitling, Cartier, Chopard, Concord, Corum, Ebel, Franck Muller, Girard Perregaux, Jacob & Co., Jaeger LeCoultre, Movado, Panerai, Patek Phillipe, Piaget, Rado, Rolex, Tag Heuer, Tissot, Vacheron Constantin
If you are not sure if we will purchase your items, call 1-800-499-TRUST (8787) or email BuyMe@GoldPromise.com.
- What won’t you buy?
At this time, we do not buy costume jewelry, gold plated or gold filled items, colored stones (including precious, semi-precious, lab-created, imitation or synthetic gemstones), silver items or cell phones.
- How can I tell if my items are gold?
The easiest way is to read the karat markings on each piece. Any one of the following markings indicates that your jewelry is solid gold:
8K, 8kt, 333, 8/24, 9K, 9kt, 375, 9/24, 10K, 10kt, 417, 10/24, 12K, 12kt, 500, 12/24, 14K, 14kt, 585, 14/24, 18K, 18kt, 750, 18/24, 22K, 22kt, 916, 22/24, 24K, 24kt, 999, 24/24
Items marked GF, Gold Filled, HGE, RGP, EGP, Sterling, 925, 1/10 or 1/20 are not solid gold.
- How can I tell if my items are platinum?
The easiest way is to read the markings on each piece. Any one of the following markings indicates that your jewelry is platinum:
950Pt, 950Plat, 900Pt, 900Plat, 850Pt, 850Plat, 585Plat, IRIDPLAT, Platinum, Pt
Items marked “Plated” are not platinum.
- Do I have to clean my jewelry before I send it to you?
No. There is no need to clean, fix or sort your jewelry.
- How do I ship my gold to you?
Fill out the form here to:
- Print a prepaid shipping label. Mail your gold immediately by using your own packaging and the shipping label.
- Request a free GP FastPack™ to receive all the materials needed to send your items.
Either way we’ll pay for all shipping and insurance costs!‡
- How do I locate a routing and account number on a personal check in order to complete my inventory form if I choose bank direct deposit?
- What if all of my items do not fit in the GP GoldProtector™ and GP InsureTrack Envelope™?
We specifically designed our GP GoldProtector™ with cardstock material to be especially strong and hold as much gold as you can send in. If however, you have a lot more to sell, you can request another free GP FastPack™ at any time. Once your items are inside the GP GoldProtector™, they are virtually undetectable from the outside. This, combined with our tear-free GP InsureTrack Envelope™ and up to $2,500 of free insurance,‡ makes your shipment safe and secure.
- How do I know if you received my gold?
We will send you an email when we receive your package. You can also track the progress of your package at GoldPromise.com. Simply enter your customer ID number, email address or phone number to track the status of your transaction every step of the way. You can also call our Customer Service team at 1-800-499-TRUST (8787). Remember, tracking only works if you use one of our prepaid shipping labels or the prepaid GP InsureTrack Envelope™ included in your GP FastPack™.
Our email confirming the receipt of your package will contain instructions on how to request a video of your package being opened at our facility. Due to security and privacy reasons, the email will ask you to:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (make sure to include your Customer ID #) or,
- Call 1-800-499-TRUST (8787)
We will then email you a .wmv video file, which is viewable on most PCs and is approximately 2 MB. Mac users can download a free VLC Media Player to view the video.
- Are my items insured when I send them to you?
Absolutely! If you use a prepaid shipping envelope or the GP InsureTrack Envelope™ included in your GP FastPack™, all shipments will be automatically insured by us for up to $2,500.‡ If you’d like more insurance, contact our Customer Service team at 1-800-499-TRUST (8787), and we’ll gladly give you more, free of charge. And don’t worry. Even if you decide not to sell us your gold, we’ll return it to you insured and free of charge.
For your protection and to ensure you receive the maximum amount of insurance proceeds, keep receipts and take pictures of your items before you send them. We only insure items that are sent using our kits or shipping labels.
Please review our Terms and Conditions for more information on our insurance policy.
If you wish to purchase other forms of insurance, please consult a trusted shipping company or insurance carrier.
- Why do I have to give you my driver’s license number or ID information?
For your protection, we are required by law to obtain your driver’s license number or other government issued ID number. We use this information to verify that your name matches the shipping address you provide so that there will be no delays when we send you payment. In addition, we use this information to deter disposal of stolen property.
- How much will you pay me for my gold?
At Gold Promise, we price your gold based on the current value of gold in the market as well as the purity (karat) and weight of the pieces you send. We are so confident in our prices that we’ll double any written offer from an online competitor with our 200% Best Price Promise.†
- How does the 200% Best Price Promise work?
If you find a better written offer from an online competitor, we’ll double the offer.†
Simply place the written offer in the GP GoldProtector™ with your items. If your items meet our purchase requirements, Gold Promise will offer to purchase your items for an amount equal to 200% of the competitor’s written offer. It will not pay more than 100% of full liquidation value. Learn more.
Make sure the offer:
- Describes the same items sent to Gold Promise for evaluation
- Specifies the amount being offered for the items, less any fees charged by the competitor
- Is not more than 14 days old from the date Gold Promise receives the offer
- How much will I receive for diamonds?
The price we pay for diamonds is based on the authenticity, size (carat), color, cut, clarity and the current market prices for diamonds. We do not buy synthetic diamonds, crystals, cubic zirconium (CZ) or any other gems.
- What if I decide I want my items back?
If for any reason you decide not to accept our payment, we’ll return your items to you, insured and free of charge. Remember, with our 30-Day Return Promise, you have 30 days to decide if you’re satisfied with our payment. This is more than twice the amount of time provided by our major competitors.
To get your items back, simply follow the steps below:
Paper Check Payment: Write “VOID” across the check and send to the address below within 30 days of the date on the check:
1600 W Seventh St
Ft. Worth, TX 76102
Direct Deposit Payment: Write a check (payable to CATCO) for the full payment amount and send (within 30 days of the deposit) to:
1600 W Seventh St
Ft. Worth, TX 76102
PayPal™ Account Payment: Simply reverse the payment (within 30 days of the deposit) by logging into your PayPal™ account. Once you’ve logged into your PayPal™ account, locate the payment from “Cash America Pawn, LP” and click the “Details” link. Next, click the “Issue a refund” link and then click the “Continue” button. Confirm the refund details and click “Issue Refund.” That’s it!
We will return your items to your address, and we will pay for all of the return shipping and insurance expenses. If you have any questions or wish to return payment but do not think you can do so within the 30 days, please call 1-800-499-TRUST (8787).
- How quickly will I receive my payment?
Check: We will send you a check by first class mail within 24 hours of processing your gold.§
Direct Deposit: We will directly deposit funds into your bank account within 24 hours of processing your gold.§
PayPal™ Account: We will send payment to your PayPal™ account within 24 hours of processing your gold.§
- Do you report the sale amounts to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
We are required by law to report any payment to an individual that is over $10,000. If our offer to you is less than $10,000, then we will not report the sale to the IRS. Please check with your tax preparer for advice on how to report any earnings you make from selling your gold.
- Can I use a shipping company besides the US Postal Service (USPS)?
You may, at your own expense, use any shipping method (ground, express, priority, etc.) or shipping company (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
We will not insure or have any liability for items:
- Sent to us without our prepaid shipping label or prepaid GP InsureTrack Envelope™
- Shipped to us by a shipping company other than the US Postal Service
Please keep the following in mind when using a shipping company other than the US Postal Service:
- Make sure your package is insured to protect your items
- Make sure your package can be tracked by the shipping company you choose
- How do I send my gold using a different shipping method than the US Postal Service (USPS)?
1600 W Seventh St
Ft. Worth, TX 76102